Please pray for me and my brother priests!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Our Lady's Goodness...



I receive a daily email called "Holy Quotes."  It is a great source of inspiration and guidance.  There is a small  apologetic segment, a small catechetical segment, then a quote from a Church Father, a Pope, and a quote about Our Blessed Mother.  Yesterday, the quote on Our Lady was given from the writings of St. John Vianney:  


The greater sinners we are, the more tenderness and compassion Mary has for us. The child who has cost the Mother the most tears is closest to her heart! 


I hope it brings you the consolation it brings me  Even when prayer my own prayer is difficult, turning to Our Lady usually isn't.  By virtue of baptism, in which we become members of Christ's very body, we share the joy of her maternal devotion and love.  When we see an image of her holding close her Beloved Son, we should know, we must know, that we, as members of His Body, are held there, within Him, close to her heart too.  She is so good to me, as she is to all her children.  


Our Lady, refuge of sinners, comfort of the afflicted, mother of the rejected,
Pray for us.  


God love you!
Father V.
************




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fr. V. Can you post the link to holy quotes? Many thanks, my friend. Fr. S.